Numerous and egregious spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors can produce a train wreck of text and derail readers. Take this article from Yahoo! Shine, for example:
Could there be more errors? Possibly. My pen ran out of red ink as I was circling the slip-ups. Here are the ones I noted:
- There’s a hyphen missing from health-conscious state.
- The plural yogis doesn’t need an apostrophe.
- Where’s the comma after etc.?
- There’s a missing hyphen before the misspelled laden. It should be trans-fat-laden.
- Why capitalize the when referring to the Terminator?
- The word bucks is redundant after an amount preceded by a dollar sign
- BBC News needs a few capital letters.
- The word this doesn’t need a capital letter.
Did you find others that I missed?