If I made a mistake like this one on Yahoo! Style, I’d practically die of embarrassment:
The technique of tying and dyeing fabric is called tie-dye.
I nearly spit out my sugar-free vanilla nonfat vendi latte when I read this on Yahoo! Sports‘ “Prep Rally”:
Just to prove it wasn’t a careless mistake, the writer makes it again:
That’s when I thought I would die laughing.
It’s a dyed-in-the-wool homophonic error on Yahoo! News‘ “The Lookout”:
Talk about bad luck! According to Yahoo! Shine a woman’s hair was dying (but maybe not completely dead), then she nearly died herself:
Thank goodness she wasn’t also coloring her hair! Dyeing her hair could have caused an allergic reaction that would surely lead to her demise.
I’d dying to see what’s next from the writer of “The Thread” on Yahoo! Shine, because I just love her sense of humor:
Ha-ha. I’m a kidder. I don’t think this blunder was meant to be funny. Maybe the writer is just a dyed-in-the-wool rebel who loves to flout her contempt for traditional spelling.
It is a sad truth: Every day children throughout America dye. Fortunately for most, dying is not a potentially life-threatening activity. But the writer of this poll on Yahoo! omg! should be dying of embarrassment: